Morris Minor 1000 1969 - Wooden Plaque 105 x 148mm
Ideal gift to remind someone of their First Car
The Morris Minor designed by Alec Issigonis was originally launched in 1948 with a split front windscreen and a side valve 900cc engine; this was replaced in 1952 by a more modern overhead valve engine of 800cc. In 1956 the car was updated and known as the 1000 with a 950cc engine, a one piece front windscreen and flashing indicators; when the production run ended in 1972 it had notched up an impressive 1,300,000 vehicles. Known for being the district nurse's car as featured in open all hours and was introduced as one of the first police panda cars that removed the comforting sight of the bobby on the beat.
The picture is produced on a 148 x 105 x 3mm piece of plywood drilled with one hole.
John Witherden t/a Witherden's workshop
Laura House, Jengers Mead, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9NZ